GenerousGenealogists is NOT in any way responsible for the transactions between volunteers and requesters.
This site lists those individuals who have submitted their names as volunteers and facilitates your contacting appropriate and willing volunteers. Our database is available to anyone.
Please do not send your requests for lookups to this website’s coordinator, or our site’s hosting service. Any such requests will simply be deleted without response.
We appreciate your use of this site and hope that you are able to successfully identify and work with one of our volunteers.
Is the help Free?
Our site is free to use. We do, however, encourage you to find it in your heart to assist us through voluntary site donations.
As for any specific help that you might request of our volunteers, you WILL be required to reimburse any/ all legitimate and reasonable expenses incurred in your behalf such as: film, video, postage, copies, and/or printing fees. Any reimbursable charges should be mutually discussed, before any are incurred, and they should be acceptable to both the volunteer & requester. You will NOT to be charged for a volunteer’s time.
Please note: Volunteers may now charge allowable US Internal Revenue Service rates for automobile travel expenses. If you feel you have been unfairly charged, please contact us with your concerns.[/tab]
- Using our Volunteers database, locate a volunteer who agrees to support the type of request you have. (Note: follow the GUIDE on the Volunteers page for assistance and options in using our database.)
- Read the Volunteer’s Act of Kindness carefully. Please select only a volunteer who has stated they will provide the assistance you need.
- Do NOT request lookups/ information that you can readily accomplish on your own; be respectful of volunteers time & effort.
- Once you have made your selection, use the email address from the database to contact your person!
- If you run into any difficulties in this process or interaction, please use our Problems? page to let us know how we might be of assistance.
How do I place a request?
You may request one or two items concerning one or two ancestors. Please be respectful of ‘your’ volunteers time & effort. Do NOT ask a volunteer to do anything outside of their specified location nor do anything for which they have not volunteered or may be questionable from either a legal or ethical perspective. Remember to treat your volunteer as you would have them treat you.
What information do I need to supply with my request?
You need to provide precise, clear, and specific data when making a request. Our volunteers do not guarantee they are either able to anticipate your needs or read your mind… even though the results they provide you might seem to indicate otherwise.
Are there limits to my request?
Please do not make multiple requests of “your” volunteer. Begin with a single request and request follow-up assistance as it is needed and/or offered.
May I make the same request of multiple volunteers?
No. Please limit a single request to a single volunteer. Do not ask our volunteers to duplicate each others work. Any/all duplicate requests will be cause for a denial of your request, as well as for any future requests.
What do I do if I am unable to identfy an appropriate volunteer?
- Be certain that you have used all available search options available on our Volunteers page.
- If you are still unable to find someone, go to our Forums page and place an inquiry there. Please place your inquiry in the Forum topic area that seems most closely aligned with your area or region of interest.