Our Social Contract
Generous Genealogists “Social Contract” with the Genealogical Community
- Generous Genealogists website and research works will remain 100% free
- We provide the guidelines that we use to determine if a work is “free” in the document entitled “Generous Genealogists Free Research & License Guidelines“. We promise that the Generous Genealogists genealogical endeavors and related works will be free according to these guidelines. We will support people who create or use both free and non-free works on Generous Genealogists.
- We will give back to the genealogical community
- When we conduct research or publish materials, we will license them in a manner consistent with the Generous Genealogists Free Guidelines. We will support our clients, volunteers and research the best we can, so that free works will be widely distributed and used.
- We will not hide problems
- We will provide our best efforts on behalf of our client research within the range and scope of our capabilities.
- We will keep our entire problem report database open for our users and members to view at all times. Reports that people file online will promptly become visible to others.
- Our priorities are our users, volunteers, members and clients
- We will be guided by the needs of our community. We will place their interests first in our priorities. We will support the needs of our users to the best of our abilities and resource capabilities. We will not attempt to charge a fee to people who receive or use our works. We will allow others to create works containing both Generous Genealogists research and other works, without any fee from us. In furtherance of these goals, we will provide an integrated web-based system with access to high-quality support with no legal restrictions that would prevent such uses of the system.
This document/ contract is based upon the Debian Social Contract.